Appraisals by WhitLauter
Jewellery is bought and sold in a number of different markets and appraisals are needed for a variety of situations. It is important for us to know why our clients are requesting an appraisal so that we can provide the most precise information for each client. Call us to make an appointment for your appraisal.
Frequently needed appraisals:
- Insurance Coverage. The most familiar type of appraisal, the insurance appraisal estimates the cost to replace your jewellery either with equivalent new jewellery or with equally desirable jewellery of the same type, quality, age and condition.
- Insurance Claims. Important to keep updated should there be cause for a claim.
- Liquidation. Current fair market value to assist in selling.
- Marital Dissolution. We will research and provide a reasonable value for the jewellery while preserving the relevant laws in the jurisdiction where the divorce is taking place.
Education and Affiliations
- GIA Graduate Gemologist Program
- Diamond Graduate (GIA)
- Colored Stone Graduate (GIA)
- Gem ID (GIA)
- The National Association of Jewelry Appraisers (NAJA) – Member #20621
- Rapaport/RAPNET Diamond Trading Network – Member #65341
- Alliance Member of Jewelers of America
- JBT The Jewelers Board of Trade
- National Jewelers Association
- 2003 – Present L. Heustess & Company, Inc. – (President) DBA: WhitLauter by Leann Parker
- 1985 – 2003 Fiskin & Parker Jewelers, Inc. (Vice President/Co-Owner/Partner)
- 1972 – 1985 Fiskin and Fiskin Jewelers, Inc.
- 35+ years experience in jewellery appraisal and brokerage; direct buying of cultured South Sea, Tahitian, Akoya and Chinese freshwater pearls, diamonds, fancy colored diamonds, colored gems and estate jewellery; and jewellery design
- Jewellery appraisal for estate purposes for Trust Companies and Attorneys
- Experience working with NDA or confidentially bound liquidations and insurance appraisals
- Jewellery appraisal for the insurance claims and scheduling
- Appraisal, replacement and valuation of jewellery for insurance and estate purposes
- Facilitates the liquidation of estates, utilizing industry contacts and sales through premier New York & European auction houses.
- Handles the brokering of stones and designer pieces through national and international contacts and companies.